What is the Graston Technique®?
The Graston Technique®, originally developed by athletes, is changing the way clinicians and patients view treatment of acute and chronic soft tissue injuries.
Graston Technique® is an innovative, patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively break down scar tissue and fascial restrictions. The Technique utilizes specially designed stainless steel instruments to specifically detect and effectively treat areas exhibiting soft tissue fibrosis or chronic inflammation.
What are the benefits of the Graston Technique®?
Graston Technique is beneficial in the following ways:
- it prevents acute conditions from becoming chronic
- it reverses the outcome of conditions once thought to be permanent
- it is substantiated by research
What kind of conditions can the Graston Technique® be used to treat?
- Cervical Sprain/Strain (neck pain)
- Lumbar Sprain/Strain (back pain)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (wrist pain)
- Plantar Fasciitis (foot pain)
- Lateral Epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial Epicondylitis (golfer's elbow)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis (shoulder pain)
- Patellofemoral Disorders (knee pain)
- Achilles Tendinitis (ankle pain)
- Scar Tissue
- Shin Splints
- Trigger Points